Do You Have Complications with your Vaginal Mesh?
Complications of the Vaginal Mesh include:
- Lower back pain
- Severe pelvic pain
- Erosion of the mesh thru the vaginal wall
- Chronic infections
- The need for constant antibiotics
- Bleeding or spotting
- Digestive problems
- Extrusion of the mesh into the vagina
- Erosion of the mesh into bowel, bladder, urethra, or rectum
- Inability to have sexual relations
- Perforations of the bowel, bladder or blood vessels
- Recurrence of Pelvic Organ Prolapse and Urinary Incontinence
- Urinary problems and more severe incontinence
- Painful sexual intercourse
- pain down the leg and into the abdomen
Get Help Today
What does the vaginal mesh do? What is vaginal and Uterine prolapse?
Vaginal prolapse is the falling of the bladder, uterus, small bowel or rectum into the vagina. Often a “bulge” is seen or felt. Vaginal prolapse is the result of childbirth, hysterectomy and the natural aging process.
The Types of Vaginal Prolapse
During pelvic organ prolapse, the internal structures that support the pelvic organs such as the bladder, uterus, and bowel drop from their normal position and fall into the vagina. Pelvic organ prolapse surgery can be performed through the abdomen or vagina with stitches or surgical mesh to reinforce the repair and correct the a problem.
Causes of Vaginal Prolapse include:
- Child Birth
- Being overweight
- Injury to the pelvic floor
The vaginal mesh complications have resulted in thousands of vaginal mesh attorneys filing lawsuits on behalf of women with these complications.