What makes for the best transvaginal mesh lawyer?
The pelvic mesh repair lawsuits are not handled like a typical auto accident or personal injury lawsuit. These cases are consolidated or centralized in one location under one judge. The correct term is multi district litigation. When thousands of cases present the same set of injuries they can no longer be handled in every court room in the country. MDL’s are not heard in local court rooms.
How Does The Vaginal Mesh Lawsuits Effect My Case?
Your case will, most likely, end up in one of the MDL’s and be judged bases on the settlements of what is known as “Bellwether Trials.”
Pelvic Repair Mesh Multi District Lawsuits Have Been Consolidated Under Judge Goodwin in West Virginia
TransVaginal mesh lawsuit MDL – 2325, IN RE: American Medical Systems, Inc., Pelvic Repair System Products Liability Litigation
Pelvic mesh repair mesh lawsuit MDL – 2326 IN RE: Boston Scientific Corp. Pelvic Repair System Products Liability Litigation
Pelvic mesh repair mesh lawsuit MDL – 2327 IN RE: Ethicon, Inc., Pelvic Repair System Products Liability Litigation
Pelvic mesh repair mesh lawsuit MDL – 2387 IN RE: Coloplast Corp. Pelvic Support Systems Products Liability Litigation
Pelvic mesh lawsuit Cook Medical Surgical will be the fifth MDL
What Are The Bellwether TransVaginal Mesh Trials?
Bellwether transvaginal mesh trials are selected to determine how similar vaginal mesh implant lawsuits might turn out. It’s a chance to see how juries will respond to claims when there are a large number of lawsuits with similar complaints.
How Do You Choose The Best Vaginal Mesh Attorney?
1. They should be keeping your case in house and not referring it out. That way you can always call and get immediate status reports. But, keep in mind your case will still be in one of the MDL’s. However, now with only one step in the process, rather then being moved all around the country.
2. The vaginal mesh lawyer you chooses should have a female representative that is up to date on everything and understands the complications of the Prolene mesh.
3. They should be able to assist you in locating a doctor and cooperate with any pre-settlement funding you need. Although pre-settlement funding is frowned upon by many law firms the vaginal mesh cases are a unique situation. You need the mesh removed and you may not have the funds to get the medical care you require. Your settlement may also be based on whether or not you had revision surgeries or complete mesh removal.
4. They should have a background in Mass Torts and have been involved in altleast 2 or 3 major drug and device litigation at the federal level.
5. They should not force you into accepting and group settlement offers. Many manufacturers will offer settlement which are not part of the MDL. But, keep in mind when the MDL settlements are reached these agreed upon amounts are what the manufacturers have reached a settlement agreement on.
6. You should feel comfortable with your Transvaginal mesh law firm. You should trust them and never be wondering what is going on or are they on my side.
7. Remember, you are not bound to any law firm. You can change your lawyer and it will not effect the bottom line one bit. There are no fees to you for changing your vaginal mesh lawsuit attorney.