The Vaginal Mesh Helpline reports that the MDL Court has outlined the process for picking vaginal mesh cases for early trials. The vaginal mesh lawyers are proceeding with the mesh lawsuit trials. The Vaginal Mesh Helpline is watching and waiting for justice.
U.S District Judge Joseph R. Goodwin , the vaginal mesh judge, has laid out the process for selecting the first cases that will go to trial in the federal court system. Vaginal mesh lawsuits against C.R. Bard, American Medical Systems (AMS), Boston Scientific, Ethicon and Coloplast are moving along. Judge Goodwin is currently presiding over 1,669 Bard Avaulta lawsuits; 2,807 AMS vaginal mesh lawsuits; 1,647 Boston Scientific pelvic mesh lawsuits; 2,985 Ethicon Gynecare mesh lawsuits and about 100 Coloplast bladder sling lawsuits.
Vaginal Mesh Bellwether Trial Cases
Bellwether cases are a very important part of the vaginal mesh trials as they represent a small group of injured women. Early trial dates are prepared for this small group to analyze and assess how juries will respond to certain evidence and injuries as they are presented. Testimony is extremely important in the bellwether trials. Outcomes of these trials will set the stage for vaginal mesh settlement agreements. It is important to check on your vaginal mesh lawsuit and to retain a vaginal mesh lawyer.
The Vaginal Mesh Bellwether Trials Overview
- Bard Avaulta MDL has had a group of bellwether cases have already gone through most of the steps to prepare for a first trial date, which is expected to be held over the next few months.
- Late last year, Judge Goodwin indicated that an additional series of three vaginal mesh bellwether trials will be scheduled starting in December 2013, involving AMS, Ethicon and Boston Scientific.
- Early trial selection process for lawsuits filed against American Medical Systems (AMS) (PDF), Boston Scientific (PDF), and Ethicon (PDF) has been ordered by Judge Goodwin.
- The vaginal mesh cases eligible for the first trial dates will be limited to complaints filed before January 1, 2013.
- The AMS pool of cases must be selected by February 25, the Ethicon pool must be submitted by March 1, and the Boston Scientific pool by March 15
- In addition to lawsuits pending in the federal court system, the manufacturers of vaginal mesh also face a number of lawsuits pending in various state courts throughout the country.
This is alot to take in when all you know is the vaginal mesh has ruined your life, marriage and caused suffering beyond belief. What this means for you is:
- Be sure the lawyer you have knows what they are doing and has filed your case with the MDL of your manufacturer.
- Get answers and ask questions. If your case has been referred out you must know where it is now. Remember you are not obligated to keep a lawyer who cannot give you answers.
- Make sure your medical records are with the lawyer.
- If you have not filed a vaginal mesh lawsuit we cannot impress strongly enough; now would be the time
If you have questions, need a lawyer or doctor or just need help in figuring this whole thing out call the Vaginal Mesh Helpline and know you are not alone.